Monday, July 23, 2012

Olympic Fever


Like much of the rest of the world, I'm getting Olympic fever. The torch has been traveling for days now, but the games officially begin on Friday, July 27. This is one event that brings the whole world together as one. It's amazing if you think about it, really.

I don't know about you, but I have just one or two (or 200) projects I've collected, that are currently collecting dust. Some are partially finished, but most are completely untouched since the day they arrived in my craft room. Many of these projects would make awesome holiday gifts, but I really need some inspiration and motivation (aka: a kick in the pants!) to get going on them.

So, I'm sure you're thinking, "Karen, what does one thing have to do with the other?" Well, knowing we'll all be watching our favorite Olympic events on television whenever we get the chance, why not work on those lonely, abandoned projects while we watch? We can call it the "Craftalong Olympics".

What do you think? Will you join me? Let's set a goal to complete as many projects as we can during the 2 week Olympic period. I challenge you to pledge the number of projects you think you can complete. (I don't know about you, but putting a goal out there for others to see is a great motivator...it's that "accountability" thing.) There's even a place on our Coffeehouse Forum to do it. Not a member of the Coffeehouse Chat Forum yet? Here's a link to easy instructions on how to do just that (just follow "Step One").

Starting Friday, we'll create a thread where you can share pictures of your projects as you complete them...and your fellow Forum members will cheer you on and help you celebrate. 

So start posting those pledges now. Then on Friday, July 27, Kay will kick us off right with her Club Scrap Creates Blog post, so be sure to check it out! 

8 comments:

  1. Wait - how long are the Olympics?!? I have PSL and August Retreat but I could play after that;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not only in, but looking forward to reclaiming all the drawer space presently occupied by all those "good deals" and "future presents" that I have accumulated over the past few years. I will complete at least 10 (yes, I said "10" projects during the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hug box full of projects begging to be completed. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in too! I have boxes full of unfinished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited to get more projects done, and soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always go into withdrawals after PSL. This sounds like the perfect antidote!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.