Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Challenges!

KnitterPam here again!

Well, you didn't think I was done posting about Club Scrap's many challenges, did you? I may have mentioned in a previous post that I really enjoy them, because they allow me to dig through my stash and see it with fresh eyes. Many times I'll pull inspiration from somewhere on the "interwebs" and use it as a place to start. I especially love seeing if I can mimic a look using at least 50% Club Scrap supplies (because that's the general rule when posting to the Club Scrap Galleria).

For instance, here's a card set created by Dawn McVey that I admired on Pinterest the other day.

And here's my version:


I used white notecards (from an older CS collection, Surfs Up) that I ran through my Big Shot with a Tim Holtz ledger embossing folder. The panels are ALL from POPs, or HPOPs (Half Pound of Paper) as they are known now. How much do you love using up those? You don't have to cut up a whole sheet of paper just to make a small item and because HPOPs come in so many colors, you can always find the right shade. I'm also a fan of sorting through my scrap drawer, but [ahem] I won't show you that.... do you want to see how I store my box of POPs so that I use them on a regular basis? 


It's just a selection  - I have MANY, many more, but this keeps a few of each color family out where I can use them. When I need more of, say, red (like this box does), I go find red from my other storage areas and add them to the box. Or if I don't have a good selection of red, then I know to order reds from GHM. 

So back to the card set. I was able to break out lots of my supplies and tools and make each part in stages. I used my Big Shot to emboss the base cards, then cut the leafy bits with a Spellbinders die. The stamp and the die that cut the sentiment are from other vendors. I handcut the pennant shape out of the black panels and used a bracket edge punch to cut the color panels. The cards themselves went together pretty fast - and I was able to whip out the Quickie Glue pen we received as a goodie in a 2010 CS kit to glue the leaves on. 

I'll be making a box for these cards using the Paper Card Box instructions from the Jubilee Scrap Rap (2010) - do you still have yours available? But do you remember the beginning of this post? I love all the different Club Scrap challenges in the Coffeehouse forum. This one fits right in with Julie's Bold Is Beautiful Challenge, an August monthly challenge. And then I think I'll wander over to ScrappinJen's August Card Sketch Challenge...I've got some ideas for that sketch...

5 comments:

  1. Love what you did with these cards Pam! Very good use of those POPS!
    And thanks for the plug for my Monthly Challenge! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for promoting the Card Sketch. We need some activity over there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always SO inspiring Pam! Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the cards you make......thanks for more inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pinspiration. Great interpretation using CS...I will be copying for the soldier cards i need to make for Scramp Camp next month!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.