Monday, August 27, 2012

My 12 Favorite Things

Happy Monday!

We here at CS have been inspired by the recent email and Facebook trend of asking friends for list of their favorite things. It's a great way to learn a little bit more about them. You know what I'm talking about, right? Well, we thought it would be fun if each of us took a few minutes to list our "12 Favorite Things" this week, and share them with you.

Disclaimer: My "favorite things" list changes from time to time, based on my mood, and what's going on in my life at any given time. That said, here's a list of my 12 favorite things...right now...off the top of my head...at this very moment:

1. My family. The Mike-man and my 3 kids: Hunter, Emma and Max, my Mom, Dad and sister, my mother- and father-in-law, and all my brothers- and sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles!

2. My friends. I'm so blessed to have some incredibly amazing people I can call "friend".


3. My Club Scrap "family". The staff here at CS is very special to me...some of my closest friends work right here in the Clubhouse. Also, I consider many of the people I've met because of CS part of my "Club Scrap family" as well! (You know who you are!)

4. Chocolate. Dark chocolate...oh heck, who am I kidding? Any kind of chocolate!

5. Rubber stamping. This was the thing that started it all. I attended a simple "in home" party and bought a few things to make our Christmas cards. Um...yeah...I think you're all pretty familiar with where that led, LOL.

6. Scrapbooking. A natural progression to my stamping addiction hobby when my first child was born in 1997. Starting at Club Scrap in 2002 quickly converted me into a total paper snob!


7. Gardening. Not veggies...oh no, not after working in my parents' garden every summer for 7 years straight...no, flowers. Lots and lots of flowers. Roses especially. My daughter's middle name is Rose, if that tells you anything. (Okay...after a 25-year hiatus from vegetable gardens, I now grow a few tomatoes. And basil. And bell peppers. But that's it.)


8. Starbucks. Mmmm...nothing like a nice hot (or in summer, ice cold) cuppa joe to start the day off right!

9. Pinterest...yes, it is an addiction, and yes, I am addicted!

10. Teaching paper crafting. This one is the least expected...never-would-have-thought-it-in-a-million years... love of my life. Thank you to Tricia Morris who sent me to St. Louis, as kind of a last-minute thing, to teach scrapbooking for the very first time in 2003 (to 50 people!). If I'd have had time to think about it first, it might not have happened, and I would never have experienced my love of teaching others and how rewarding it can be.


11. Big Bang Theory. I know this really shouldn't have made it into my top 12, but seriously, this list was off the top of my head. And let's face it, we watched this show almost every night this summer. It satisfies my inner nerd, I can't help it!

12. Sleeping in. Yep, you read that right. Nope, I'm not a morning person. No matter how much Starbucks you pump into me. There's nothing quite like lazy mornings where the whole family can sleep in, have a big breakfast, and stay in our jammies 'til noon. (And, well, if not the whole family, at least me, LOL.)

So there you have it. My 12 favorite things...at least for today. It could change tomorrow...you never know!


5 comments:

  1. How fun to learn a few things about you Karen!
    I am with ya on just about all of those things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Karen! I'm with ya on most of it. I'm not very good at growing flowers. But Big Bang - yes, yes, more please! Bought my hubby the 1st 4 seasons on DVD for his birthday - they just happened to be on sale in January! Pinterest, check. Dark chocolate, check. Strong coffee, check. Scrapbooking, stamping, check, check. Thanks for the happy post today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you lived closer and I could grow you veggies and you could grow me flowers-I heart flowers, I kill flowers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT would be awesome...if only. Your veggie garden always looks so awesome on your blog...I like to EAT the veggies, just not pick 'em, LOL.

      Delete
  4. Big Bang Theory? LOVE it! I had NO idea.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.