Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Fall, Y'all!

Karen here, wishing you all a happy Fall!

Some time over the weekend was the Autumn Solstice...so yep, that means it's officially Fall now. So, what better way to celebrate the cooler Autumn weather than a hike through our local park?
Trees starting to turn beautiful colors!

We have this amazing park 2 blocks away from our house that already had great walking trails that my kids just love. This summer, the Parks & Rec Dept. added an awesome bike trail that connects it to another park in town about 3 miles away, as well as a new suspension bridge that spans the Locks and connects the park to a small island on the Fox River. On Sunday, the Mike-man, the kids and I hiked the trail to check out the new bridge. The leaves are just starting to change, so the hike made for beautiful scenery. I couldn't help but bring my camera along, to capture the Fall colors and maybe a few nice pics of the kids.
New suspension bridge.
Well, an hour and a half later, we had great hike...and 130 pictures! I couldn't think of a better way to document our day than with Club Scrap Digital (I used our handy QDDLs). It's fast, it's easy, and I was able to create four layouts in about an hour and a half (same length of time as our hike)!

Now, being the proud scrapbooker that I am (and the proud mama), I couldn't stop myself from sharing these layouts with you. 
My three.

Emma Rose, only girl, sandwiched in the middle of 2 boys.
(Naw, don't feel sorry for her, she knows how handle herself, lol.)

My youngest, Max. He's a REAL character.
(Can't you just see the mischief behind those baby blues?)

My oldest, Hunter. He's 15 and getting his temporary driver's license in November...oh, Lordy!

Now, I have no intention whatsoever giving up playing with my paper, but you gotta admit, digital does provide some kind of "instant gratification"!

So, that's how I spent my Sunday...I hope you had a great weekend, too! So matter what your materials, happy scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Karen, fantastic park and love all the wonderful pics of the kids! Way to go with all your digi layouts, you're rocking it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.