Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Place for Everything


As a passionate scrapbooker, stamper and papercrafter, I'm always on the lookout for new ideas. Much of the time, I reach out to the world wide web for inspiration. And between the many talented bloggers out there, Pinterest, and even the creative geniuses found right in our very own Club Scrap Neighborhood, I'm rarely disappointed.

(I'm sure none of you are having this problem at all, but...) Lately my craft room looks very much like the aftermath of a natural disaster. So my recent internet wanderings (or shall we call it research?) have been of the organizing and storage variety. Well, like any good enabler friend, I wanted to share some of these ideas with you!

Image via http://chrissiecreations.blogspot.com
One of our Club Scrap Community Neighbors, Chrissie, shared her wicked-awesome upcycle idea with our Coffeehouse forum and on her blog, Chrissie Creations. She converted 2 of her CS pizza boxes into a cool storage unit for her ink pads. She even included handy written instructions on her blog. Gotta love organization ideas that are FREE and good for the environment!

Another great resource for storage ideas is a blog I stalk follow, called Sew Many Ways. It's written by a gal named Karen (what a GREAT name, huh?), and she has so many amazing ideas, I had trouble picking just one. Here is her Picture Perfect project. I'm totally copying this idea for all of my "smalls"...you know...beads, brads, eyelets and other doo-dads? 

Image via http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/
As her blog name indicates, she's mainly into sewing, but most of her tips are appropriate for many different applications. I dare you to try to spend less than 15 minutes on the "organizing" section of her blog. 

Dori, over at Bell Jar Vintage, created a storage project that combines my love of coffee with my love of crafting with her Ribbon Spool Carousel idea. I just happen to have a coupla two or three of these ribbon spools laying around that could use a stylishly upcycled home like this.

Image via http://belljarvintage.blogspot.com/
I just noticed that all 3 of these simple storage solutions have one thing in common...they put our crafty stuff on display in an organized way. I don't know about you, but I like having my "stuff" out so I can see it (and actually remember to USE it, lol).

I hope you find some of these ideas useful/helpful. There are many, many more out there, I'm sure. In fact, if you find a great tip out there on the world wide web, or have an awesome storage idea of your own, please send me an email at karen@clubscrap.com so I can share it with our readers. After all, we could all use a little more storage...so we can buy more stuff stay organized, right?

Creatively yours,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. LOL, I am so with you on this Karen! I love having my stuff out and organized too so that it is well within my reach (and so I don't forget I have it) ;) All the above projects are so clever. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Thank you for featuring my ribbon spool carousel!
    Newest follower on GFC! :)
    ~Dori
    http://belljarvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you think! Especially about the shopping- I meant organizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to see that we are of "one mind", Patti!

      Delete
  4. What a great project and thanks for sharing the other places.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.