With your help, Club Scrap submitted exactly 1,012 cards in 2012. We thought, "Hey, that's a cool number!" But you know what would be even cooler? What if we could donate at least 2,013 cards in 2013?
How can you help?
- Sign up for a Club Scrap Pro Scrapbooker's League card making team: It's likely you'll end up with quite a few cards by the end of the 7 weeks...why not donate your A2-sized cards to Operation Write Home? (You can still register through Sunday, February 10!)
- Greetings to Go: When you receive the Greetings to Go side option in your monthly kit, or purchase them separately, they are designed so at least one style is an A2 card (five of the 15 cards). Make it a goal to set aside those five cards each month for OWH!
- Send your best A2 cards to Club Scrap: When you send your cards to Club Scrap, we'll help prepare them for bulk shipping to the appropriate Operation Write Home shipper.
If you are wondering what "kind" of cards to make, here is a list of themes OWH is currently looking for:
- Thank you
- Missing you
- Thinking of you
- Blank (no sentiment)
If you want to make seasonal/holiday-specific cards, it's important to consult the calendar on the OWH website, as there is at least an eight week lead-time. Here are a few of the upcoming deadlines:
- March 31 – Mother’s Day, Graduation, spring
- April 30 – Father’s Day
- May 31 – Independence Day
So, now that you have the scoop, Club Scrap is officially challenging YOU to help us submit at least 2,013 cards in 2013. You can send your cards to Club Scrap any time; we send several shipments throughout the year. Or, if you prefer, organize your own card drive and ship to OWH directly (learn more details here). Either way, this is an awesome cause and a great excuse to get crafty!