Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Quotes, Cards, Stamps and Chat

There's a saying, you learn something new every day...well, I can't speak for everyone, but I sure do!

I was browsing the Coffeehouse Chat Forum the other day, and came across a post by one of our members, Lisa (scrappin5150). Inspired by her participation on a card making team for our Pro Scrapbooker's League, she came up with a fun idea to try to utilize more stamps from her stash. Here's what she had to say:

"As I was creating cards for PSL...I thought I REALLY should use more of my stamps. So I thought I'd start a thread to gather ideas of past CS stamps we could use with this kit (Up, Up & Away, 02/13). Here's what I came up with."


Don't you just love the way her cards came out? Such a nice variety of sentiments and quotes, making perfect partners for the hot air balloon artwork from Up, Up & Away. You can see how nicely the text compliments the artwork on the cards...and guess what? The sentiments are from three completely different collections! Of course, Club Scrap always includes coordinating quotes and sentiments on each sheet of Unmounted Rubber stamps, but why not go back and revisit some of your older, forgotten UMs for additional quotes and sentiments that complement the new collection? 

Now, if you're like me, and you have HUNDREDS of Unmounted Rubber stamps to choose from (let's see, I've been a member for ten years, with twelve months in each year, and up to four sheets of rubber per month...that's alotta rubbah!) finding these gems among the collection could prove daunting. This is where forum member, Deb, comes to the rescue! She did a whole series on her blog about organization last year, and she shared her solution to organizing her stash so she could find stuff easier. You can check out her tips HERE. I'm sure there are multiple ways of organizing your stamps so you can find what you're looking for effectively and efficiently, but why reinvent the wheel, when one of our forum neighbors has probably already done the legwork? Our forum is made up of the bestest, most generous people, and they are always willing to share cool tips and tricks on our Coffeehouse Forum. If you haven't done so yet, you really ought to check it out. Better yet, why not join our forum and you, too, can have 24/7 access to the wealth of knowledge and inspiration available there!

Ah geez, now I'm all inspired again! I can't wait to get home and into my craft room and try this out for myself...how about you?

Creatively yours,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. I'm in, Karen! I'm starting to have a hard time remembering which quote was in which kit. Heck, half the time I can't remember what I had for breakfast. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, totally agree, the forum is one of the best places to hang out and get a ton of inspiration! Way to go Club Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out Deb's organizational system. It's awesome. I wish I had the money to fly her here and do one for ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm available for consultation! I still use Evernote, and it's fabulous. Just uploaded the junior kit so I can browse through my stash when searching for ideas. It's the best!

    Thanks for all the kind words. I'm blushing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool and thanks for posting these amazing cards.,

    AnnetteD

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.