Monday, April 22, 2013

Donna Lee's Operation Write Home Challenge


Hello fellow crafters! Donna Lee, here. Can you feel the enthusiasm building for Club Scrap’s Operation Write Home 2,013 cards in 2013 challenge?

I am excited to help Club Scrap to meet this goal for many reasons. I live in a town with a large Air Force Base. I know many military families and the struggles that they face when loved ones are deployed outside of the USA. Both of my brothers served in the US Air Force. And I am named after my mother’s brother who was killed in the Korean War.  

In difficult times I often wish that I could DO something to help those in need. Operation Write Home provides us with the opportunity to do just that – to DO something that both fulfills a need and lets our men and women in the armed forces know not only that we care, but care enough to give freely of our time and talents.

When creating cards for this challenge, please keep in mind that you are creating for our HEROES. Quality as well as quantity is important. Remember the sacrifices that our heroes are making to protect our freedom – our heroes deserve our very best!


Just to make this a little bit more fun, I want to offer up an additional incentive to help Club Scrap to not only achieve, but exceed the goal of 2,013 cards in 2013. I am offering a $25 gift certificate to Club Scrap’s GHM online store to a random winner chosen from all of those persons who send 13 cards or more to Club Scrap for OWH.  Please refer to the OWH guidelines for cards HERE and visit the Club Scrap CoffeeHouse forum for the challenge details.


12 comments:

  1. Oh yipee!! I made 24 cards this weekend that I am going to mail off as soon as I can get to the PO! Thanks Donna Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Lee what a nice idea. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea Donna Lee! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome plan for getting me motivated Donna Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the challenge Donna Lee - from the call out last week I was promising 10 per month through summer but I guess I need to bump that up to 13 per month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna Lee, What A nice way to help the cause! Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't sent anything to OWH since Christmas. I need to catch up. Thanks for the incentive. I will get to work right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so nice of you Donna Lee. Even without your offer, I put together a bunch of cards to send off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already support OWH and have been working on my next shipment and this makes it even more fun! Thanks you for helping to support them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so sweet of you to offer up this extra incentive for the challenge, Donna Lee! And it's neat knowing a little bit more of your personal history and why this is such a meaningful activity for you. I delivered well over 100 cards to Karen's desk yesterday, and it brought me such joy! (Of course, I am exempt from this challenge because, well, I work here.) Go OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for supporting OWH. I am a regular card maker for OWH and am excited to see others get involved to making cards for our heroes. Thanks to all of you for supporting OWH.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.