Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The 2013 Card Challenge Continues...

Back in February, I proposed a challenge to our readers...a challenge asking you to help Club Scrap donate 2,013 cards to Operation Write Home in the year 2013.

A few months have passed since then, and I was asked by one of our members for an update on how we were doing. Oops! Well, to be honest, we aren't doing so hot. But I take the blame. I mean, what have I done lately to inspire you? To remind you of the goal? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. My bad.

So, for my post today, I'm going to refresh your memory about our goal. And hopefully inspire you to join us for this great cause. And my new friend (the member mentioned above) is gonna hold me accountable. She even made some awesome suggestions that I fully intend to implement. Starting with this:


I whipped up this little goodie about an hour ago. Now if I can just figure out how to get it to post here on the side bar of the blog, it will serve as a loving reminder of our goal, and cheer you on as you watch the number rise. (Of course, I'm going to have to learn how to do that from one of my more technically gifted co-workers.)

So...the good news is, we've collected 54 cards from generous members. The bad news? We'll never make our goal like that! So here are a few reminders of how you can help:

  1. Greetings to Go: When you receive the Greetings to Go side option in your monthly kit (or purchase them separately), at least one style is an A2 card (five of the 15 cards). Make it a goal to set aside those five cards each month for OWH!
  2. Were you on a Club Scrap Pro Scrapbooker's League card making team? It's likely you've got quite a few cards! Why not sort through and grab your best A2-sized cards to donate to Operation Write Home?
  3. Get crafty and send your best A2 cards to Club Scrap: We'll help prepare them for bulk shipping to the appropriate Operation Write Home shipper. Need inspiration? Review Tricia's past blog posts HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE and learn how to make beautiful A2 cards easily and efficiently. Grab a few friends and make a bunch!
Keep in mind there are specific guidelines for designing the cards. It is critical you follow these guidelines in order to keep our heroes safe. Please check them out HERE

So there you have it. Goal: 2,013 cards. Actual count: 54. We have a lot of work to do! Thank goodness making cards is FUN!!!


Creatively yours,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. I have tons of cards and will double check to make sure they qualify.
    Thanks for the reminder and the Tracker looks Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, Karen! I love OWH! And I have a huge stack of cards for them!!!!! I can't wait to make that number climb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder! I'm on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my stack from PSL! Let's get that counter rolling!
    Debby, Dhat10

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can do better, and I can do my part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Karen, I'm going to make some this weekend, sounds like fun-quick question, I don't have a stamp for the back that says OWH, can you guys add that for me when I send them?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.