Creative Greetings to Operation Write Home Blog Hoppers! In case you didn't know about today's Blog Hop, you can start at OWH HERE.
Since today's hop focuses on masculine cards, I'm featuring our March Bookshelves Collection, because it contains the perfect stuff for creating that sort of thing. I was immediately drawn to the Globe Rubber Stamp to make cards for the fellas.
I used this nifty globe stamp three different ways, as seen above. Even though the card on the left is dimensional, the paper is folded, so it will flatten for mailing. Cool, huh? But for the purposes of today's tutorial, I'm focusing on the Encircled Heart Card, on the far right.
1. Stamp the globe image onto an Eggshell Ivory panel with Black India ink. Stamp the same image onto a piece of text-weight scrap paper. Trim around the image to create a mask. Cover the stamped globe with the mask and stamp the sentiment several times with Mahogany CS Hybrid Ink.
2. Use a circle cutter or punch to remove the round portion of the globe from stamped image. Nest onto a Burgundy panel, mark the location of the cut hole and remove the circle from that panel as well.
3. Fold a piece of text weight paper in half and cut a symmetrical heart. Use the heart as a template to cut two hearts from Burgundy Paper. (Or you can use a heart-shaped punch.)
4. Use bookbinding glue to sandwich a length of thread between the two hearts.
5. Tape the heart within the circular opening on the backside of the Eggshell panel. Line up the thread with the spinning axis of the stamped globe.
6. Nest onto the Burgundy panel.
7. Mark the location of the open circle onto the front of a scored card base, cut the circle, and layer the panel onto the card.
For more tutorials done with this masculine globe stamp, check out pages 6-7 of our Bookshelves March Scrap Rap magazine!
***In honor of this OWH Blog Hop we are offering a special discount on our Military-themed items! Visit our online store and save 30% on our special collections: Tour Of Duty and Salute, as well as our Military Unmounted Rubber Stamps. Use the coupon code OWH30 at checkout to save on one...or all three!***
Thank you for stopping by. Your next stop on the Hop is My Favorite Things. Enjoy!
(and the Club Scrap Team)