Monday, May 13, 2013

Be inspired!

Inspiration is everywhere!

On Saturday it was rainy and cold...so what better way to spend the day than in my basement "studio" playing with paper! So I grabbed my WOW Spring card-making collection and Unmounted Rubber Stamps. After viewing Tricia's card-making technique video (included in purchase), I created a nice bundle of cards. Here's my fave:



 After using up the eight cards and coordinating panels included in the card-making kit, I was able to create a few more cards featuring leftover WOW Spring elements. Here are two of them:



Grabbing a few more "leftovers" from my stash, I was able to make almost a dozen Operation Write Home cards for our current 2,013 cards in 2013 Challenge. OWH is always looking for general cards, so I came up with this fun card with pieces from my Gimme a Ring leftovers.


Pinterest is another huge source of inspiration for me. I frequently browse my "Cards" board for ideas. After a quick look, I created this card for OWH, too (again, keeping the general/all occasion card concept in mind):


Here's the original inspiration card found on Pinterest:


And finally, have you been following Club Scrap's Daily Creative Challenges for National Scrapbooking Month? This is my submission for the Black & White Challenge (hmmm...I think it also qualifies for today's Monochromatic Challenge):


So, next time your muse takes a little vacation, visit one of our many inspiring sources...those creative juices will be flowing again in no time!

Creatively yours,
Karen


9 comments:

  1. Most awesome Karen! There's some great cards there and I plan on 'lifting' a bunch! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everyone from Club Scrap was doing some work this weekend! (Or play.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, your cards are great!!! As Lori said I will also be "lifting" a bunch.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Karen! Love all your wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Karen. Love these cards. Thanks a bunch for keeping us inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many great and beautiful cards, Karen. Sometimes it is good to have a rainy day, but now I want the sun again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alas, I don't have a digital camera. Therefore can't enter any of my work into your contests.
    But I sure enjoy the blogs and wonderful ideas. Keep up the wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are sorry you don't have the technology to upload your work, but we sure are glad you're able to be inspired and play along at home. Thanks for following us!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.