Saturday, February 8, 2014

Assembly Line Boot Camp--Week One


***METALLICS***

Attention, ALBC Recruits!

Welcome to Week One of our first annual Assembly Line Boot Camp. Your challenge this week: Metallics.

Participation is as easy as 1, 2, 3:

  1. Create a card, page, project or digital artwork featuring metallics . . . including, but not limited to, metallic papers, metallic accents, charms, metal brads or eyelets, metallic ink sprays, etc.
  2. Scan or photograph your artwork and upload it to your favorite photo sharing site, the Club Scrap Community Galleria, or your personal blog, if applicable. 
  3. Use the inLinkz tool below to link your artwork to this blog post for everyone to enjoy. (The blue "Add your link" button at the end of this post.) Each link counts toward one entry for the weekly prize drawings, and a ten cent donation to Operation Write Home. Link deadline is 11:55 p.m. on Sunday, February 16, CST. That's 23:55 in military time, Recruits!
Additional Boot Camp Rec activities are taking place over at the Club Scrap Forum. Grab your canteen (with beverage of choice) and meet us in the mess hall for some chatter with fellow recruits HERE. Or check in with Drill Sergeant Lisa to get your questions answered HERE.

Winners will be contacted via email on Monday, February 17, so please make sure we can identify you by the information provided in the link. (We'll also post the winners on a special thread on the Forum.)

If you need help using the inLinkz tool, check out the tutorial video HERE.

*PLEASE NOTE- Check the forum HERE for details regarding multiple uploads from a single blog post - content added 2/10/14 JMH*
  Now let's get crafting!



41 comments:

  1. I'm hoping I did that right! I cant see the image

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, if you are Katie F. I can see it.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I'm trying to use up all those stickers I have! This is a great inspiration to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Beach Girl 115, feel free to email me directly if you need any help. Sometimes it takes a minute for the link up to work. julie@clubscrap.com

      Delete
  4. It takes some time before you see your artwork. Wait a few minutes, refresh and than you will see your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I woke up this morning to some beautiful metallic artwork! Great start, Recruits!! ~Drill Sergeant Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I finally figured out something and now I can't make my link disappear (not showing a little trash icon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet, you need to be deleting from the same device you uploaded with originally. This happened to me when I tried using my iPad to upload and then tried to use my computer to delete. No delete icon. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  7. Great uploads, so far. Thanks for an easy intro challenge to this new way of PSLing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made 5 cards but only one is linking (I think) Not too sure how to make all five cards show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Nancie, I apologize, I am looking into this. I thought you could link more than one image per blog post, but am getting the message it can not be done.

      Delete
  9. Please click on the link in the blog post above regarding adding multiple images from one blog post. You can also you use this link below.
    http://www.clubscrapcommunity.com/forum/index.php?f=201&t=21229&rb_v=viewtopic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, y'all, I just found a new place and way to upload! I opened up a new board on Pinterest and I'm pinning my cards after taking pictures with my phone. Then I just copy the Pinterest link to this board and all is well! I don't have to crop them or anything. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to try this, Pam! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pam Thank You so much for your help with this. Once I worked the kinks out I was able to get it posted fairly easily! Finally joining in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Janet! And the week is still young!

      Delete
    2. Yay, so glad it worked for you! And I saw that Cher posted, so maybe she tried to too?

      Delete
  13. My metallic is the copper photo mats on both pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cher, did you try it using Pinterest as your link?

      Delete
    2. Not yet, Pam. I used the Art Galleria for the first two. Will try it with 3rd page tomorrow.

      Delete
  14. Pam, Pinterest is a simple link! No resizing! THANKS! You just made my life easier!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well...got 'em posted and forgot to put my name on them! Accidentally cleared history before I could delete them... Baby steps! I'm trying to get my personal blog setup, but I've never done it before. That may be my goal before the end of boot camp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finally have a blog setup, uploaded my cards AND figured out to link them here. I consider this a win all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah Lynn!! Btw I miss all you guys, I still can't access CS on my work computer so I miss chatting on the boards...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I keep getting an error and I am uploading it from the Galleria site. It says malfuntion url...ugh

    ReplyDelete
  19. ok...it said upload successful, but no photo yet...so I am just trusting the process. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is an amazing amount of work everyone!! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Why are green checks showing on the upper left hand corner of the thumbnail for my images 389 to 393. Did I do something wrong? I went through some trial and error to get everything to work and not receive error messages.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green check marks are for the thumbnails you've already "viewed". Just a way to keep track, I guess. Nothing to be concerned about.

      Delete
  22. Could you possibly post winners here as well since some of us still can't access the CS site? (sniffle)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Our random drawing winners for the Week One challenge were:

    Carolyn (raffertyc1)
    ArleneP
    Melissa (sarala)
    Janet (janetmojo)
    Roxanne (bossann)
    Lisa (scrappin5150)
    jacquej
    Rose H
    Toni B
    Norma B

    Watch your inbox for your prize message. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.