In honor of Beth's 8th Anniversary with Club Scrap, we asked her to share her "12 Favorite Things" with all of us...read on:
Here is a list of my 12 favorite things (always subject to change):
1. My Family—I would be lonely without my family (most of the time at least!) My husband Darrell and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary this year. We have three children: Abbie is a senior in high school, Maddie is a sophomore and Elijah is in 8th grade. Oh, and I can’t forget my favorite (heehee)—Ernie. He is a 12 year old
and the most spoiled of our family!
2. The Green Bay Packers—I have watched Packer games since I can remember and I have always loved them! I’m secretly hoping to work for them someday: giving tours, delivering fan mail, monitoring the weight room (or eventually maybe working my way up to collecting their uniforms and handing them towels)…ahhh! My favorite players have shifted throughout the years, but never my loyalty. My current favorite Packer is, of course, Aaron Rodgers! GO PACK GO!!!
3. Playing softball—This is my favorite sport to play and watch (when in season). I remember playing since I was 7, and I have played every year since in some form. Currently, my daughter Maddie plays for Appleton East High School. She is a pitcher. She had the opportunity to go to Spring Training this past March in
Florida and go to Disney World. I was extremely jealous! She plays on a
summer traveling team, too. I love sitting soaking up the sun and dirt and
watching her play!
4. Reality TV—I am constantly filling up the DVR with my reality shows! I like the competitive ones, like Survivor,
’s Got Talent, Hell’s
Kitchen, MasterChef…the list could go on and on.
I’m super-competitive and have always dreamed of being on one of these
shows. The only problem is they always make you eat things, and there are
many, many, many things I don’t like to eat!
Big Brother, America
5. My Faith—It really keeps me grounded in what is really important in my life. My confirmation verse was John 8: 31, 32: “If you continue in my word you are my disciples indeed and you will know the truth and the truth will make you free!” I love hymns, too—they remind me of my Dad and that gives me warm fuzzies inside! J
6. Babies—Whether they be people or animals…I love them! How can you not? They are so cute! Every time I’m near a baby, I can’t help but be drawn to them. When I was little, I wanted my job to be a “baby holder” in the nurseries at the hospital! And don’t even get me started on kittens and puppies—SO CUTE! YUM!
7. Sweet Corn—I love grilled sweet corn…I like it nice and dark and dripping with butter! YUM!!! I can eat quite a few of those wonderful ears of corn!
8. Rollercoasters—I love thrill rides! I have gone to our nearest theme park, Great America, every year since I was 7. My favorite rides have always been the rollercoasters. I have yet to find one that I am too scared to ride—bring it on!! This probably stems from me climbing silos on our family farm when I was a kid…yikes!
9. Fantasy Football—It’s that competitive side coming out in me again! I love watching NFL games on Sunday…and yes, I watch them all day. If I can beat people and watch games while playing a game—I’m in! My team name this year:
Rodgers J Woo-Hoo!! Go team, GO!!
10. Coke—I’m not a fan of coffee or tea, but I love my morning Coke...and maybe one in the afternoon…and in the evening…oh boy…
11. Laptop—I love my laptop. I can sit on the couch and feel like I’m accomplishing so much! I love to see what everyone’s up to on Facebook, check my Fantasy Football team stats, check the Club Scrap chat group, check my Fantasy team again, check my email, Google anything, check my Fantasy team again…you get the picture!
12. Vacations—I don’t get to take long ones, nor have I ever been on an airplane, but I love getting away from everything. One of my local favorites is Wisconsin Dells. All that changes this year, though, my husband Darrell “won” a trip to
Israel from a
vendor he sells dental supplies for. Yippee!!! My first plane ride
will be a doozie! Yikes! It’s very exciting, but very scary, for this
40+ year old virgin flyer!
That’s it, twelve of my favorite things in no particular order. That was fun! I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me!