Technology might be getting cleverer and cleverer, but it doesn't beat the look, feel and love of a handmade card. Right?
We created this "Matrix" unmounted sheet a while back, and it's still one of my favorites for the following folks on my card list:
1. The techie.
2. The teen.
3. The boy.
4. The guy.
5. The guru.
Got a few of those?
Here's your cutting matrix, created specifically for this sheet of rubbah.
Oh, and a disclaimer. Once again, this is not for the weak of heart. Brave souls need only apply. Like, on a scale of 1-10, this is an 11. It's the cook's equivalent of making hollandaise from scratch. But you can do it.
- Trim an 8.5x11 sheet of smooth White Plain horizontally at 10.5, 8.75, 7, 5, and 2.75".
- Cut the 2.75x8.5 horizontally at 7.5, 5 and 2.5".
- Trim the 2.25x8.5 horizontally at 7.75, 7, 6.25, 5, 3.75, 2.5 and 1.25".
- Cut the 2x8.5 horizontally at 8, 6, 4 and 2".
- Trim one 1.75x8.5 horizontally at 8.25, 7.5, 6.75, 5.5, and 4.25"
- Cut the other 1.75x8.5 horizontally at 4.25".
- Trim the .5x8.5 horizontally at 4.25".
Next up, an 8.5x11 Black Plain.
- Trim an 8.5x11 sheet of Black Plain horizontally at 9.75, 7.75, 5.5, and 3".
- Cut the 3x8.5 horizontally at 8.25, 5.5 and 2.75".
- Trim the 2.5x8.5 horizontally at 7.5, 6.5, 5.5, 4 and 2.5".
- Cut the 2.25x8.5 horizontally at 7, 5.5, 4, and 2.25".
- Trim the 2x8.5 horizontally at 4.25"
- Cut the 1.25x8.5 horizontally at 4.25".
Phew! Next up, simply score 3 sheets of 8.5x11 Green and 2 sheets of 8.5x11 Red vertically at 4.25". Then, cut horizontally at 5.5" and fold in half on the score.
Now, the fun part. Grab your stamps and inks, and fit everything together onto a set of ten cards. And I'll just go ahead and check the teen, technie, guru, gadget guy, and birthday boys off my card-making list. I just love that circuit board stamp and used it every chance I got!
If your'e still actually reading this, make my day and leave a comment below. I'll give away a sheet of this Matrix beauty at the end of the week to one lucky person. Good luck!
. . . . time to find my way outta the Matrix!