The June Hopes collection is just so bright and cheerful, and I wanted to make something fun to really show that off. I've always loved mini albums. Inspired by the mini books CS has designed in the past, I created this CD Mailer Booklet. (Mine is just a bit different, so I've added the instructions at the end of this post.)
|CD Booklet Closed|
|CD Booklet Open|
So, shall we check out what our other bloggers have on the docket today? Here's a list of all of our participating blogs:
Club Scrap Creates (you are here)
Pat Huntoon: The Technique Trail
Julie Heyer: Cape Cod Scrapper
Roni Johnson: Ink Stains with Roni
Deb Charlesworth Lift Bridge Cards and Crafts
Wendy Bellino: Made by Wendy Bellino
Deb Weller: Deb Duz Scrappin
Jill Pechauer: Jill P's Place
Tricia Morris The Efficient Crafter
Hetty Sanders: Craft Chaos
Kay Williamson: Kay's Keepsakes
Cathy Gray: The Artful Gamut
Anne Marie Healey: Artfully Balanced
Shona Gibson: Shona Scraps
Jen Rodgers: Scrap Happy Sisters
Debby Hernandez: Masculine Inspirations
Janet Moran: Dishing with Janet
Loving the CD Folders? You can pick some up in our online store. Or, if you're feeling lucky, you can leave a comment below for a chance to win a 10-pack of CD Literature Folders of your very own! We'll announce the winner on Monday, July 1.
***This drawing is now closed.***
Congratulations to our random winner, Karen Propes!
Karen will receive a 10-pack of the CD Literature Folders. Enjoy!
Pat Huntoon is your next stop. Enjoy the hop!
CD Mailer Booklet
- CD folder/mailer (mine measures 5x5")
- (3) 4.75 x 9.5" papers
- (4) 4.75 x 4.75" papers
- Waxed Linen Thread/Bookbinding Needle
- (10) 1-inch circles (cut from cardstock using a circle punch)
- Additional embellishments, stamped sentiments, glitter glue
- Score and fold each 4.75x9.5" paper in half.
- Use a grid ruler and a piercing tool to create stitching holes along the inside fold, one inch from the top and bottom of a single page.
- Use the pierced page as a template to transfer stitching holes to the other two pages.
- Transfer pierced stitching holes to the CD folder by centering the inside page vertically along the spine, leaving equal distance from top and bottom edges.
- Nest three inside pages. Use waxed linen thread and a needle to attach the inside pages to the spine with a simple pamphlet stitch.
- Attach 4.75" squares to the front and back outside and inside covers. (I slid the inside back cover down into the pocket). Create a cover for the outside of the pocket as well, if desired.
- To create tabs, attach the punched circles, front to back, sandwiching the cardstock edge between them. Evenly space the circles along the edge of each page.
- Add additional embellishments as desired.