It honors our dear ones who are battling cancer. And it provides a better option than "get well soon" because sometimes "get well soon" just doesn't cut it.
As I'm sure you know by now, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. True to form, I've got a card formula here that will help you utilize every single image on the "We Are Aware" Unmounted Sheet on a series of cards that you can make in, well, about an hour.
Use the cards for your next Operation Write Home mailing, a ministry at your church, or to have on hand when you just need to express love and support to a friend or family member who is facing cancer. All of the cards will fit into A2 envelopes so that they'll be easy to send at a moment's notice.
This formula is
- 12" Paper Trimmer
- 8.5x11 Paper A (White, smooth finish)
- 8.5x11 Paper B (Tahiti Dark Pink)
- (2) 8.5x11 Paper C (Come Sail Away Light Green)
- (6) 8.5x11 Paper D (Wildflowers Light Green)
- Foam Adhesive
- We Are Aware Unmounted Stamps
- Pink and Green Inks
- Pink Grosgrain Ribbon
- Trim 8.5x11 Paper A horizontally at 10, 8.5, 7, 5.5, 4.25, and 2.5".
- Trim the 2.5x8.5 horizontally at 4.25".
- Cut the 1.75x8.5 horizontally at 7, 5.25, 3.5 and 1.75".
- Trim the 1.25x8.5 horizontally at 7.25, 6 and 3".
- Cut two 1.5x8.5 strips horizontally at 7.5, 6, 4.5 and 2.25".
- Trim one 1.5x8.5 horizontally at 4.25". Cut the 1x8.5 horizontally at 4.25".
- Trim 8.5x11 Paper B horizontally at 10, 8.5, 7.25, 5.5, 3.75 and 2".
- Cut the 2x8.5 horizontally at 8, 6, 4 and 2".
- Trim one 1.75x8.5 horizontally at 7, 5.25, 3.5 and 1.75".
- Cut the 1.5x1.75 horizontally at 1.5".
- Trim one 1.75x8.5 horizontally at 7.5, 5 and 2.5".
- Cut one 1.75x8.5 and the 1.25x8.5 horizontally at 4.25".
- Trim the 1.5x8.5 horizontally at 8, 6.5 and 3.25".
- Cut the 1x8.5 horizontally at 4.25".
Trim 8.5x11 Paper C horizontally at 10 and 5".
Cut each 5x8.5 horizontally at 7.5x3.75".
Trim the 1x8.5 horizontally at 4.25".
- Score 8.5x11 Paper D vertically at 4.25".
- Trim each sheet horizontally at 5.5".
- Fold each piece in half to make card bases.
Congratulations if you made it this far!
Stamp each white piece with corresponding images from the UM sheet. Consult the finished cards, or dive in and put them together however you wish. Nest the stamped white panels onto the Dark Pink mattes.
Here's to beating cancer.