Happy Wednesday everyone!
Hetty here with a photo tutorial for using the gesso we made in the retreat Creative Concoctions workshop. Or maybe you have gesso on hand but never knew what to do with it!
Over at the Club Scrap forum, I post a technique every month for you all to try. This way you can see what others do with the same medium. You can find the technique of the month HERE.
There are many ways to use the gesso and here is one:
1. Begin with two pieces of cardstock trimmed to the same size. I used a 4-1/4x5-1/2" piece so that I could use it on a card. Put a blog of gesso on each piece of cardstock.
2. I use an old credit card to spread the gesso on the cardstock. Not a too thin layer, make sure the gesso is everywhere.
3. When still wet, put the two pieces on top of each other on the gesso side.
4. Rub it in gently and then slowly take them apart.
5. You see now that on both pieces you have structure in the gesso. Let it completely dry before going on. You can use your heatgun or do this before you go to bed and use the pieces the next morning.
6. There are all kinds of mediums you can use to color the gesso. I love the new metalic stains and combined it with vintage distress ink to color this background.
7. Now stamp on it with black archival ink. You can also add some cut out pictures or photos. It is great for art journaling.
8. And here is the finished card. I added some glitter glue.
9. Another way to color the gesso is with your watercolor crayons, a brush and water.
10. After you have colored the background, you can use your stamps in black or in colors.
11. This is the finished card.
Want to see some more gesso techniques? Please come and visit the technique challenge at the Club Scrap forum.
Have a creative day!