Good Monday Morning Everyone!
Have you gotten your hands on the new Neon Dabbers yet? If not, you really should treat yourself to a set. The colors are so vivid and bold! I have been playing with them a lot lately and hope you will give some of these techniques a try.
First up, the Aurora Borealis Technique.
1. Paint a wavy line of white gesso across a scrap of black cardstock.
2. Using a light touch and a foam brush, gently pull the paint down from the line of gesso causing a streaking affect.
3. After allowing the gesso to dry, apply inks directly onto the painted streaks using the dabbers.
4. Tear along the original gesso lines and apply to white card base.
5. Stamp a quote from the Fire and Ice collection and add "stars" using a white gel pen.
I created these cards using the same technique just changed up the colors a bit.
|Cape Cod kit sentiment|
|Comfort Zone kit sentiment|
1. Apply a generous amount of ink direct from the dabbers to glossy cardstock.
3. Allow to dry for about 5 minutes. Carefully peel up the wrap revealing the intricate designs.
4. At this point you may still have a significant amount of wet paint left on the wrap. Press these down onto dry panels of plain white cardstock to create a mono print. I actually got 2 mono prints from one very inky sheet of plastic wrap. (Warning: this technique is very messy. If you don't like colorful fingers make sure to wear disposable gloves.)
|Mono print panels|
I really enjoyed sharing these techniques and hope you will give them a try.
Have a fantastic week!
*********THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED************
Today's vintage kit is the Games Lite (formerly known as JR) kit from March 2003. This kit contains a dozen 8-1/2 x 11" premium printed and plain papers, a wood-mounted stamp, pre-cut photo mattes, alpha stickers, Cutaparts and more. The papers in this collection have the most amazing silken texture . . . you have to feel it to believe it!
To be entered in today's random drawing, simply leave a comment listing your favorite dabber technique from Julie's samples above. Winner will be chosen and announced on the December 3 blog post by 10am Central. Good luck!
The Day 1 Giveaway random drawing winner was comment #65, brenbramo! Congratulations! Please contact Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information so we can arrange to send you your prize!