I have a fondness for leaves and the simplicity of this one really called out to me. So I thought, “Gee, I wonder if this can be made digitally?” Well, of course it can! All you need is the Aspen Digital Kit.
1. Create a card-sized document. I made mine 5x7 in Photoshop.
2. Stamp with the ‘leaf’ background image.
3. Command+Click (Mac) or Ctrl+Click (Windows) on the thumbnail of the leaf background layer in the Layers Palette. You’ll see ‘marching ants’ around the image.
4. Color the image with your choice of colors - I used a green, blue, and brown from the color palette.
5. Reduce the opacity of the layer to give it a more ‘watercolor’ look. Mine is set to 43%.
6. Place the leaf image over the leaf background - it shouldn’t match up perfectly.
7. Add a layered quote as well as a background layer to complete your card. Feel free to add subtle drop shadows for a more realistic look.
That’s it! Wasn’t that easy?
Remember to save the file and you can either send it to someone digitally, or print it out and adhere it to the front of a card base for a hybrid card.
Now go and try it for yourself and remember to share your creations in the Galleria!
See you next week!
**********THIS GIVEAWAY HAS CLOSED**********
It's giveaway time again! Today's kit is the Lotus Pond Club Scrap kit (with Embellishment Pack side option) from January 2011. This kit includes a lovely mix of printed and plain premium papers, in both 8-1/2 x 11" and 12x12", Embellishment Pack, the cutest li'l frog stencil ever, and more.
|Please note: Stamp and Greetings to Go are not included.|
To qualify for the random drawing, leave a comment on today's blog post. A winner will be chosen and announced on the December 13 blog post by 10am Central. Good luck!
The Day 11 Giveaway random drawing winner was comment #13, SueD! Congratulations! Please contact Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information so we can arrange to send you your prize!