Follow these steps to create a Black & White 3D stamped image.
1. Choose stamps with simple shapes that can be easily cut for a masking technique.
2. Stamp a foreground image onto plain white paper with CS® Hybrid India Black Ink.
3. Stamp the same image onto the sticky edge of a Post-It note with CS® Hybrid India Black ink.
4. Cut the image from the Post-It note to create a mask.
5. Mask the corresponding image with the Post-It. This image will appear to be "on top" of the images stamped next. See?
6. Create additional masks for every layer stamped onto the panel. When stamping, be sure that a portion of the stamp lands on the mask.
7. Create a shadow around the outside edges of the stamped images with a black Gelato and water brush. Check out my innovative paint palette!
|Scribble a small amount of black Gelato onto an acrylic block to use as a paint palette.|
|2006 Interior Designs stamps|
|2013 Lock & Key stamps with 2006 Interior Designs flowers|
|2011 Papillon butterfly, 2006 Interior Designs flowers, and 2013 Time of Your Life clock|
It's hard to believe that all of the above images are stamped onto just one piece of paper!
Be sure to check out Part Two: Full Color 3D Stamping. I'll feature the gorgeous Hydrangeas stamps from April.
Until then, I hope you have a great weekend.
Additional supplies used:
2011 Versailles Swirl Masking Stencil
Silver Smooch Spritz
2013 Bookshelves Self-Adhesive Pearls
2011 Raku Sentiment Stamp