Are you ready to use your smarticles? I have a batch of eleven fun cards for you, but you'll need to follow along with the trimming diagrams/instructions first. For starters, get your Hydrangeas Club Stamp kit and a paper trimmer.
Let's do the most challenging formula right off the bat while you're fresh.
1. Trim one 8.5x11 Purple, Brown, Green and Blue Plain horizontally at 5.5". Cut one 5.5x8.5 horizontally at 7 and 3.75". Trim the 3.75x5.5 horizontally at 5 and 2.5". Cut the 3.25x5.5 horizontally at 4.5 and 2.25". Trim the 1.5x5.5 horizontally at 4.75 and 2.25". Cut the 1.5x2.25 vertically at 1.25". Score and fold the 5.5x8.5 horizontally at 4.25".
2. Trim one 8.5x11 Brown Plain horizontally at 9 and 5.5". Cut the 3.5x8.5 horizontally at 8, 6, 4 and 2". Score and fold the 5.5x8.5 horizontally at 4.25".
3. Score one 8.5x11 Blue Plain and two 8.5x11 Yellow Prints vertically at 4.25". Trim horizontally at 5.5" and fold along the scorelines.
4. Cut one 8.5x11 Text Weight Print vertically at 4.5 and 4". Trim each 4x11 horizontally at 5.75 and 5.25".
5. Trim one 8.5x11 Text Weight Print vertically at 4.25". Cut each 4.25x11 horizontally at 6.75, 5.5, and 4.25". Trim each 1.25x4.25 horizontally at 4". (The four 4.25" squares are used for origami fun in step 8.)
6. Cut one 8.5x11 Green Plain horizontally at 8.5 and 5.25". Trim the 5.25x8.5 horizontally at 8 and 4". Cut the 3.25x8.5 horizontally at 7, 5.25, 3.5 and 1.75".
7. Trim one 8.5x11 Purple Plain vertically at 8 and 4". Cut each 4x11 horizontally at 10.5 and 5.25".
8. Do some clever folding with the four 4.25x4.25" pieces trimmed from the 8.5x11 Text Weight Print in step five. I found this Pin to explain how to make a little envelope from a square piece of paper.
Next, you can take the whole mess of trimmed papers and organize them into cards!
|Stamp the four Purple panels with the large image from the Collection UM and Amethyst ink.|
|Add the mini circle clip to the top of each stamped card insert.|
|Flip/flop the contrasting card panels for a fun effect.|
|Tape the two front panels together before stamping to ensure alignment.|
|Accent the stamped images with a white gel pen.|
|I love that striped sheer ribbon!|
|Dust the white pigment ink with colored chalks before the ink dries.|