I'm pretty sure you already knew it was National Accordion Awareness Month, but just in case, I thought I'd celebrate by making this Picnic accordion spine flag book!
Some of you may remember when Club Scrap had flag book kits a few years ago. I still enjoy this project and thought it would be fun to design one around the size of the four 3.25x3.25" Picnic Lite Cutaparts as inside pages.
1. Cut one 8x10.25" Dk Green paper to use for the binding. Score vertically every 1/2".
2. Fold accordion-style on score lines.
3. Cut two 3.5x10.25" matte board covers and two 4.5x11.25" Picnic Light Pink Print outside cover wraps. Adhere the cover papers to the matte boards with Bookbinding Glue.
4. Cut each corner at a 45 degree angle, leaving 1/8" of paper extending beyond the tip of each matte board corner.
5. Wrap flaps around to the back of the covers and adhere with bookbinding glue.
6. Brush glue onto one outside flap of the accordion spine.
7. Attach the spine to the wrapped cover flush with top and bottom edges. Align the first fold of the accordion with the long outside edge of the cover. Be mindful of the direction of your front/back covers if you have a design plan!
8. Repeat for the other cover.
9. Cut two 3.25x10" Dk Green inside covers and adhere to the inside of the book with bookbinding glue.
10. Trim (21) 3.25x3.25" inside pages. I used four squares from the Picnic Lite White Cutapart. The rest are paper scraps left from other projects. I also snuck in one print from the Club Stamp collection releasing tomorrow.
11. Glue the first row of pages flush with the top edge of the spine. Place the page in the right side of the valley of each fold for the entire horizontal row.
12. Repeat for the bottom row of pages.
13. Adhere the center row of pages between the top and bottom rows, being sure the page is attached to the left side of the valley of each fold.
14. Embellish the cover with cutaparts and secure closed with a ribbon.
Wouldn't it be great to have this done before a picnic so attendees could write a little something inside? All you have to do is add your photos later!
Thank you for observing National Accordion Awareness Month with me. Blogging with you in mind is always a picnic!
Kay at Club Scrap