With graduation season quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to share an origami folded card design. I found this clever video tutorial on Youtube and couldn't wait to try it. I plan to give this card to my cousin Courtney, who will be graduating from high school at the beginning of June.
Let's take a look at some of the details.
1. Trim Dungarees Dark Blue papers to 10x12 and 4x4". Trim the Cream Plain to 2-7/8x6-7/8". A 1/2" cream print belly band (not shown) was wrapped around the finished card and trimmed to the appropriate length.
2. Stamp the Big Deal quote and sentiment onto the cream paper with Sapphire hybrid ink.
|I just loved how the open card forms a box! Plenty of room for some cash or gift cards.|
3. Stamp the Big Deal numbers onto the Cream print belly band with Sapphire ink. Tip: Match pen ink color to stamped image by rubbing the nib of a similar shade marker onto the Sapphire ink pad.
4. Create a tassel by wrapping white embroidery floss around two fingers. Before removing your fingers, carefully wind a section of the floss around and through your fingers to create the top of the tassel. Use a needle to thread the end up through the top of the tassel and secure with a knot. Leave a tail for threading through the cap. Don't forget to cut the long end loop to form the bottom of your tassel.
5. Secure the tassel with a metal brad and cover the brad prongs and tassel end with a bit of adhesive on the back of the "one size fits all" tag embellishment.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!