First order of business . . . .please join me in congratulating the winner of our (Inter)National Scrapbooking May 2014 Challenge 1 -- Ink Stained Roni! We will be in touch about getting you your prize.
|My daughter's rag quilt.|
I also made a set of free instructions to go along with the May 2014 card sketch provided by my friend Anne Marie at the Coffeehouse forum and used it as the basis for my rag quilt card.
1. Download the free cutting instructions and assemble your cards.
2. Trim twelve 1 x 15/16" pieces from a sheet of the Dark Blue Print from the Club Scrap Dungarees kit. Don't freak when you see the 15/16" measurement; it's just a little shy of 1". (The squares are not from the cutting instructions listed above.)
3. Fray the edges of each square with a Tonic paper distressing tool.
4. Rub Silver Gelatos along the edges of each square.
5. Adhere squares vertically onto to the Light Blue panel for a perfect fit, and attach the matted Dungarees Greeting quote during final card assembly.
Hope you will give this technique a try. Enjoy your freebie!
P.S. Stop by my Cape Cod Scrapper blog for a peek at three more cards created with the sketch.