May's Dungarees kit is just the right mix of elements to create masculine or feminine art. The adorable pocket stamp makes the perfect embellishment for a scrapbook page or card.
Here is how to create your own pocketful of posies with the help of the Borders & Backgrounds UM.
1. Stamp jean pocket image onto white cover stock with Sapphire Hybrid Ink.
2. Fussy cut and rough up the edges with the Tonic distress tool; ink edges.
3. Stamp Hydrangeas blossoms onto light blue and rust papers from the Dungarees collection. Stamp Hydrangeas leaves onto dark green paper from the Trees collection.
4. Fussy cut blossoms and leaves; ink edges.
5. Add dimension to blossoms and leaves by pressing into the back of the petals with a ball stylus tool on a foam sheet.
6. Layer the pocket onto a cream card base with foam adhesive. Stamp the sentiment from the Dungarees Greeting UM sheet onto cream with Sapphire ink and layer onto a Russet panel. Distress the edges.
7. Cut narrow strips from the same paper used for the leaves to create stems.
8. Adhere blossoms and leaves to the pocket with your favorite adhesive.
9. Squeeze a dab of "Platinum Pearl" Liquid Pearls onto the center of each blossom.
10. Create a second pocketful of posies to add to a scrapbook page as a dimensional embellishment.
This is my nephew Ben, isn't he the cutest?! Last year his school had a visit from a local landscaper and they challenged the kids to grow some seeds at home. Ben sent an email when his flowers bloomed and he was the only child in the school that had these great results because of the care he took. The company came back to the school, presented Ben with an award, a gift basket, and he even got a photo in the local paper. Way to go, Ben!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and here's to a creative week!