With Mother's Day only a week away, it is now that we start
Here are the steps I took to complete it.
1. Print out a background from the Hydrangeas Digital Collection on a sheet of white cover stock.
2. Flip the paper over and print the watering can free template on the reverse side.
3. Ink the edges or watercolor them using coordinating hues of Gelatos.
4. Cut out the pieces from the template and ink the edges with Hybrid Amethyst Ink on both sides of each piece.
5. Score the pieces (they removed the score lines from the template) following the instruction on the video tutorial.
6. Apply Book Binding Glue to the scored tabs, adhere and let dry.
7. Create a small paper flower as a decorative accent on your watering can and fill it with treats for Mom.
|Use the left over pieces of paper (colored with purple Gelatos) from your template to punch blossoms.|
|Cut out 2 circles for base of flower, ink edges with Amethyst ink, and stack with foam squares.|
|Stamp leaves from Hydrangeas Art Nouveau UM in green ink and fussy cut. Add more color using green Gelatos.|
|Round the petals using a piece of fun foam and a stylus tool.|
|Adhere each blossom to the stacked circles using hot glue.|
The finished project for Mom!
Enjoy the week!