If you have your hot little hands on a Dungarees Club Stamp paper pack, you're set to create six spectacular cards. All you have to do is follow the trimming and scoring instructions, exercise your craft knife skills, do a little origami-style folding, and stamp your heart out!
We'll make two 5.5x8.5" pop-up cards . . .
. . . and four great "dress shirt" cards just in time for Father's Day!
1. Trim one 8.5x11 Dark Blue, Russet, Kraft and Light Blue Plain horizontally at 10.75 and 5.5". Cut the 5.25x8.5 horizontally at 8.25 and 4". Trim the 4.25x5.25 horizontally at 4.5 and 2.5". Cut the 2x4.25 horizontally at 4 and 2.25". Score and fold the 5.5x8.5 horizontally at 4.25".
2. Cut one 8.5x11 Text Weight Print vertically at 4.75 and 3.75". Trim each 3.75x11 horizontally at 6 and 5".
3. Score (do not trim) one 8.5x11 Kraft and Dark Blue Plain horizontally at 5.5".
4. Trim each 8.5x11 Ivory Print vertically at 8.25". Score horizontally at 2.75, 5.5 and 8.25". Measure and mark 1-3/8" from the top and bottom edge. Cut a vertical slit 2.75" from the left and right edges, stopping at the marked guideline. Score at 1-3/8" to connect the slits. Accordion fold the base sheet with valley folds on the outside and a mountain fold in the center. Accordion fold the inner section with folds reversed.
5. Trim one 8.5x11 Light Blue and Russet Plain horizontally at 10.25, 7.75, and 5.25". Cut the 5.25x8.5 horizontally at 8.25". Trim each 2.5x8.5 horizontally at 7.5, 5 and 2.5". Cut the .75x8.5 horizontally at 5.25".
|Stamp the large rivet and cut a slot with a craft knife. Slide the .75" strip through for a neat look.|
|Enhance the sentiment with your white gel pen.|
|The 2.5" squares matte perfectly onto the 2-3/4" sections of the accordion-folded paper.|
|Stamp the squares, or add photos for a true keepsake!|
|Note how the folds of the center row are the opposite of the upper and lower rows.|
|Insert the pop-up mechanism into the folded 5.5x8.5" card base. Apply adhesive to the outside edges only to allow the pop-ups to function.|
|Distress the outside edges of the printed panel with a Tonic Paper Distressing Tool.|
|Interchange the pattern of the origami shirt with the pattern in the background.|
|Use a contrasting pen to add faux stitching. Cut a chevron onto the smallest panel.|
|Add buttons to the shirts with Dazzles Jewels Stickers, and attach accent buttons with blue jute.|